Biloxi Construction Accident Lawyer
It is no secret that construction sites are full of potential hazards for both workers and passers-by. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 300,000 injuries and over 1,000 deaths occur at construction sites every year. But despite their danger, construction projects are necessary to urban development and building maintenance.
Construction companies are required to protect their workers by providing them with ample protection and thoughtful planning. But accidents do happen, and while some occur under perfectly adequate safety conditions, others result from faulty equipment, defective materials, or employee carelessness. When negligence leads to injuries at a site, a Biloxi construction accident attorney at Van Cleave Law can help victims seek compensation for their injuries. To learn more or discuss your case in more detail, schedule a consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer at our firm today.
Types of Construction Accidents
Towering heights and powerful, destructive machinery are just two factors that can contribute to the often-extreme injuries associated with construction sites. Common types of construction accidents and injuries that warrant the attention of a Biloxi construction accident lawyer include the following:
- Caught in/under/between—One or more body parts becomes stuck, pinched, crushed, or squeezed in or by equipment, machinery, or a structure.
- Fall from a height—A worker falls off a ladder, scaffold, roof, or other elevated structure.
- Same level fall—Slips, trips, or falls onto non-elevated surfaces.
- Struck by/against—A worker (or his or her body part) collides with machinery or equipment, or a falling or moving object strikes a worker.
- Motor vehicle accidents—Accidents involving construction vehicles, or traffic accidents that occur at or around construction sites.
- General musculoskeletal injuries—Damage to the legs, knees, ankles, feet, back, neck, or arms that workers sustain due to overexerting, kneeling, squatting, lifting, overextension, awkward postures, hand pinching/gripping/vibration, or other repetitive motions.
When To Consult With a Biloxi Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction workers injured on the job are eligible for workers compensation benefits. But when injuries occur due to negligence (or suspected negligence), or are the result of intentional wrongdoing, victims may be able to obtain further compensation. Additionally, victims of the most serious injuries, such as the following, often qualify for disability benefits.
- Head injuries/brain injuries/TBI
- Cumulative traumas
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe wounds
- White Finger Syndrome
- Wrongful death
Filing An Accident Claim
Have you suffered injury at a construction site and need to speak to an attorney in Mississippi? We can help. After a serious personal injury, financial loss, or insured loss, you need a Biloxi construction injury lawyer who knows how to present your best case in court. We can begin to evaluate your case today. To schedule a free consultation with Van Cleave Law, call (228)432-7826 or contact us online. Our office is located in Biloxi, and we proudly serve clients throughout Gulfport and Mississippi.