Biloxi Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Workers compensation is a program fundamental to work culture in America, and provides protection to employees and employers—especially those in hazardous professions. Generally speaking, Federal and Mississippi workers compensation laws serve the following purposes:
- Ensuring that those who suffer occupational injuries or illnesses are provided for
- Significantly reducing the need for litigation—an injured worker can obtain workers compensation benefits without pressing formal charges
- Providing benefits for dependents of those killed in occupational accidents or from occupational injuries or illnesses
- Protecting employers (as well as fellow employees) by limiting the amount an injured worker can collect directly from his or her employer
- Eliminating coworker liability in most accidents
In accordance with Mississippi workers compensation law, employers must purchase workers comp insurance in order to cover costs in case of potential injury to their staff members. Employees hurt at work are entitled to payment that covers resulting medical expenses and lost wages, and all job-related injuries are covered, regardless of severity. In fact, illnesses or diseases contracted on the job also qualify for workers comp benefits, as do work-related deaths.
Obtaining benefits for a work injury or disability can be a complicated process, full of strict rules and deadlines. It is particularly important to seek assistance from our qualified Biloxi workers compensation attorney at Van Cleave Law.
Possible Medical Benefits
The medical benefits available to hurt or ill workers in Mississippi are far-reaching. Whatever treatments and other medical services an employee needs to achieve the maximum cure qualify. All of the following are included when applicable and can be addressed with the help of a Biloxi workers’ compensation lawyer:
- Doctor services
- Hospital services
- Nursing services
- Physical therapy
- Crutches, wheelchairs, or other medical equipment or apparatuses
- Reimbursement for mileage expenses from trips to the doctor
- Rehabilitation services
Wage Loss Benefits
When individuals injured on the job are unable to work for a period of time, workers compensation allows them to obtain two-thirds of their average weekly pay via wage loss benefits. For as long as a doctor is regularly providing treatment for an injured employee, the wage loss benefit is called temporary disability. If the injured employee reaches a point at which he or she has recovered to the fullest possible extent and is still unable to work, he or she then qualifies for permanent disability wage loss benefits and should contact a Biloxi workers compensation lawyer.
Contacting An Experienced Biloxi Workers Compensation Lawyer
Have you been injured at work and need to speak to an attorney in Mississippi? Our workers’ compensation attorneys in Biloxi can help. After a serious personal injury, financial loss, or insured loss, you need a workers compensation lawyer who knows how to present your best case in court. To schedule your free initial consultation with our skilled attorney, call (228)432-7826 or contact us online. We serve clients in Biloxi, Gulfport, and throughout Mississippi.